Our clients are hiring, and we help them find the right fit.
BARRETT BUSINESS SERVICES, INC
Sr. HR Consultant
If you are an HR professional with warm customer service, strong stakeholder mentality and an entrepreneurial spirit who is interested in partnering with a variety of businesses and can consult across HR functions, including payroll, then BBSI has a fantastic opportunity for you.
If you are an experienced HR professional and you think like a business partner, have a stakeholder mentality, and have a hands-on entrepreneurial attitude, then this may be an opportunity for you.
This position is responsible for the ongoing development and delivery of customized human resource service solutions that positively impact clients’ businesses and help them succeed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for providing guidance, training and support to clients in the areas of strategic human capital management, employment law compliance, benefits administration, employee relations, organization development, workers’ compensation administration, handbook and policy development, and the overall development of best practices in human capital management.
Additional responsibilities include implementing new clients into human resources and payroll processing systems, ensuring:
• Timely and error-free payroll processing for new clients for two to three payroll cycles before handoff to payroll team,
• Accurate and 100% compliant new hire paperwork for all employees,
• Thorough applicant screening,
• Delivery of comprehensive and customized employee and management orientation programs for new clients to ensure smooth, error-free transition.
• Thorough understanding of human resources principals and practices, including employment laws and regulations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in conducting root cause analysis to determine optimum solutions to solve human resource issues.
• Ability to conduct comprehensive HR needs assessments and analyses.
• Knowledge of HR metrics and ability to benchmark, measure, analyze and articulate the value and ROI of HR initiatives, practices and policies.
• Ability to complete high-volume workload, meet critical deadlines and work through constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Ability to relate positively within a diverse workforce at all organizational levels.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver successful presentations and facilitate trainings to individuals and groups at all levels of an organization.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards and a strong sense of self-accountability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prepare company-wide business correspondence and documents, including employee handbooks, policies and procedures, employee and performance management documents, and other professional correspondence.
• Proven leadership and strong business acumen.
• Additional experience outside of HR is a plus (operations, finance, business consulting, sales, customer service)
• Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and perform administrative work when necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Advanced degree is a plus.
• Eight to ten years HR generalist experience or equivalent.
• Must Have PHR or SPHR or an equivalent certification. CA specific certification is a plus.
• Prior experience in, or exposure to payroll processing; or an aptitude or ability to learn how to process payroll, including strong knowledge of wage and hour laws.